Workshop: SOA Done Right (with examples in ASP.NET and NServiceBus)
Go beyond the hype and build a solid foundation of theory and practice with this workshop on SOA development.
Join Dennis van der Stelt and Mauro Servienti for a two-day deep dive covering architectural topics like:
- UI decomposition
- Data ownership across the enterprise
- Finding service boundaries
You’ll also learn the nitty-gritty details of building production-ready systems including:
- Fault tolerance – HTTP and queues
- Reliable integration with 3rd party systems
- Scalability, high availability & monitoring
Finally, get some hands-on experience in SOA development by building:
- Scalable command-processing endpoints
- Publish/subscribe event-processing interactions
- Long-running multi-stage business processes and policies
We’ll understand service oriented architecture concepts, and DDD concepts such as bounded contexts and data ownership.
We’ll apply those concepts to build a simple, yet fully functional, order management system sample with a microservices architecture, using patterns such as command processing, pub/sub and long-running sagas.
Senior developers, tech leads, and architects will benefit most from this workshop.
Participants are requested to bring a Windows laptop with Visual Studio 2017 and to follow the full set up instructions at least one week before the workshop, available at https://github.com/Particular/Workshop/blob/master/README.md