Workshop: Docker and Kubernetes for Developers
This course takes you through building, integrating and running containers.
You'll learn how Docker and Kubernetes work, and how to best take advantage of these new technologies. Throughout the course we’ll take you through a variety of hands-on exercises designed to help you quickly grow from a beginner to a seasoned user.
- Installing Docker
- Creating your first Docker container
- Building Docker images
- Storing and retrieving Docker images from registries such as Docker Hub
- Building containers from images
- Docker volumes
- Container security
- Using Docker for sandboxing and testing
- Deploying applications with Docker
- Orchestration by docker-compose
- Introduction to kubernetes concepts
- Deploying, upgrading and monitoring your cloud native applications on kubernetes
By the end of the course you will be familiar with the “why” of Docker. You will also be able to perform the basic tasks needed to get started with Docker and integrate it into your development process.
Attendees will need to bring a laptop with an SSH client installed.